Thursday, December 7, 2017

"As light speaks into us, what do we say back into it."

3. Gently, with and without confidence
I don’t know what I am doing, but I am doing it with and without confidence.
I don’t know how to describe what I want to share, but I share it vehemently in the ways I can.
I don’t know what the next steps are, but I am taking them.

You are the only you I address.
You are likewise a pillar of flame.
My words and intentions stream forth from this dissipating body.
Do you receive and speak with them.
Is this a type of love, of life.

What are we saying together in this white space of light.
What rises, what settles, what moves onwards from us at all times.

To speak the light as a human body means having vision and perhaps losing it.
My eyes are weak, and so this light is especially poignant to me.

I keep telling myself this is art, but really it’s always just a way to live.

Sueyeun Juliette Lee