Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Gratitude: 9/21/2022

1. Woman Without Shame


Remedy for Social Overexposure

Seek a _____ tree and sit 

beneath immediately.

Remove from

ears and tongue,

words.

Fast from same.


Soak in a tub of seclusion.

Rinse face with wind. 

In extreme cases, douse

oneself with sky. Then, 

swab gently with clouds.


Dress in clean, pressed pajamas.

Preferably white.


Hold close to the heart, 

_____. Kiss and

be kissed by same.


Consume a cool glass of night.

Read poetry that inspires poetry.

Write until temperament 

returns to calm.


Place moonlight in a bowl. 

Sleep beside and

dream of white flowers.


Sandra Cisneros 




2. Memories of Magnolias

Grateful for the kind of love that inspires people to climb trees every day to pick beautiful flowers for their beloveds. #standards  


 
3. Radical Self-Honesty w/ Tara Brach


“My prayer to god every day: Remove the veils so I might see what is really happening here and not be intoxicated by my stories and my fears.”

Elizabeth Lesser

"We waste so much energy trying to cover up who we are when beneath every attitude is the want to be loved, and beneath every anger is a wound to be healed, and beneath every sadness is the fear that there will not be enough time.

Our challenge each day is not to get dressed to face the world but to unglove ourselves so that the doorknob feels cold and the car handle feels wet and the kiss goodbye feels like the lips of another being, soft and unrepeatable."

Mark Nepo

Thank you for the willingness to get to the heart of the unseen, unfelt, resisted parts of my psyche. I want to want what I want and what I don't without struggling so damn much to accept myself as I authentically am.

No more ridiculous compromises. 
No more pretending I can be ok with things I'm not. 
No more people who make assumptions about me and my life without asking me questions about what actually happened in reality. 

#thankyouforshowingmetherearepeoplewhoarewillingtoaskquestionskitt

4. This Joyful Vibration


5. Just started The Bear and now I want Johnnie's. 
Thank God for good stories and easily fulfillable cravings. :)



"delicious is impressive."

6. This guy on his bornday. 


#bcloveisthickerthanblood
#bcmygratitudeislimitless

 7. I've been feeling disappointed in myself for behaving like a petulant dumbass fairly recently and have been struggling to forgive myself about it. I'm still uncoiling from everything that's happened with my parents and am still pretty hobbled by it all. Grateful for the willingness to acknowledge my mistakes and attempt to move forward. #imsorry