Saturday, October 1, 2022

Gratitude: October 1, 2022

1. Listening intently to Bjorks's new joint: Fossora 
(it's gonna take a few attempts)



2. Revolutionary Letter # 1 

I have just realized that the stakes are myself
I have no other 
ransom money, nothing to break or barter but my life
my spirit measured out, in bits, spread over
the roulette table, I recoup what I can
nothing else to shove under the nose of the maitre de jeu
nothing to thrust out the window, no white flag
this flesh all I have to offer, to make the play with
this immediate head, what it comes up with, my move
as we slither over this go board, stepping always
(we hope) between the lines

Diane di Prima

*

1/2 of #2

(The value of an individual life a credo they taught us
to instill fear, and inaction, 'you only live once'
a fog on our eyes, we are
endless as the sea, not separate, we die
a million times a day, we are born
a million times, each breath life and death:
get up. put on your shoes, get 
started, someone will finish)


3. Juxtapositions in Sound:


Freddie Gibbs: $oul $old $eparately  

(beautiful riffs on this one)


4. Starting strength training today. Time to get ripped. :) 

(Still sweating it out 90 minutes a day in the hot room. Grateful AF my practice reliably brings the smiles and is helping me grow bendy in the best ways. How I need it to keep me relatively sane.) 

5. Friends who indulge my proclivity towards yummy things.



An
A
An
I recommend Andersonville. 

6. The possibility of seeing Makaya MacCraven plus at The Green Mill tonight. 

#choices 


7. Touch

My hands
Open the curtains of your being
Clothe you in a further nudity
Uncover the bodies of your body
My hands
Invent another body for your body 

Octavio Paz 


8. This song popped into mind while I was yogagirling today and it made me laugh out loud in the middle of an asana. 

(who knows why these things happen so randomly but silly reigns supreme)