Sunday, July 20, 2014

Looking at your Face by Rumi


From the beginning of my life
I have been looking for your face
but today I have seen it

Today I have seen
the charm, the beauty, and
the unfathomable grace
 of the face that I have been looking for

Today I have found you
 and those who laughed and scorned me yesterday
 are sorry they were not looking as I did

I am bewildered by the magnificence of your beauty
 and wish to see you with a hundred eyes

My heart has burned with passion and has searched forever
 for this wondrous beauty I now behold

I am ashamed to call this love human
 and afraid of God to call it divine

Your fragrant breath like the morning breeze
 has come to the stillness of the garden
 
You have breathed new life into me
I have become your sunshine
 and also your shadow

 My soul is screaming in ecstacy
 
Every fiber of my being
 is in love with you

Your efflugence has lit a fire in my heart
 for me the earth and sky

My arrow of love has arrived at the target
I am in the house of mercy
 and my heart is a place of prayer